DX 9 GUI Modules
general features, requests, wishlist
- usable with touchscreens
- modularised aproach. possibilty to use simpler modules for more complex gui modules like filebrowsers, expandable puldownmenues etc...
- can be feeded from different sources parallel (via mouse, midicontroller, lemur, other multiinput touchscreens, presetfile, patch, what more?)
This could be done by just increment the incomming changes.
whats allready done
sanch did a very well done and very versatile dx9 gui module for entering values via sliders and buttons. look here:
tiki-download_file.php?fileId=813dx9 gui.zip (8.57 Kb)</a>
this is an open project
- A bank system for the gui module like the sliceoffset from the ioboxe value advanced , a module to record the data inside a file.
- a good text(ex9) module. there where some aproaches, especially with texturemaps which contains the whole alphabet. it works fine with proportional fonts but with other the spaces between the letters dont look good. The Input Strings should be spreadable. Each slice should have its own coordinates, color and textsize (different fonts would be nice but how to do that? maybe with a volumetric texture. here's a volumetric font texture with four slices (normal, italic, bold, bold italic: )) another issue is speed. it seems a solution with dynamic mesh gets to slow with a lots of letters.
Work in progress feel free to create a new version with more feature and add it here
Patch beta01: tiki-download_file.php?fileId=815Text_EX9.zip (229.87 Kb)</a>
An automatic lineseparation aproach: tiki-download_file.php?fileId=816separation2.v4p (18.05 Kb)</a>
tiki-download_file.php?fileId=859Menu.rar (629.04 Kb)</a>
Heres a provisional drop down menu, it could be used for enum's or for more detailed menu lists let me know if it works for you or if there are improvements to be made!
- Color Selection (RGB Wheel, colorsets)