this is to announce that vvvv alpha-builds now include the afformentioned unicode changes.
summarized to you this means:
- no more dealing with UTF8 vs. ANSI on various string-related nodes
- Reader/Writer (String) now default to UTF8 (which can of course still be changed to other encodings. also note that when loading old patches the old default is being preserved!)
- no more strange characters in patches for asian users
- in a totally unrelated coincidence it fixes https for HTTP (Network Get)
- saving a patch with unicorn-characters in a unicorn-alpha will not let you open the same patch in older vvvv releases. if you still need to do so there is a way... bug us in the alpha-forum for more information.
- MySQL nodes had to be removed (for now)
and if you find a specific unicode-related bugger -> alpha forum.
@devvvvelopers: this would be a good time to pull upstream
45alpha28.4: HTTP (Network Get)
Could not load SSL library.
joreg@ SUPER!!! thanks for the whole earth people..
@zeos: sorry, now!