<h1>Bass Asio changelog</h1>
With the new Node IO system in plugins, Bass System will undergo some major changes in the near future.
- Handle value pins will be replaced by Specific Bass Custom node.
- DSP system will change as well, for a more flexible approach.
Incoming (Version 0.6):
- FFT NRT: New FFT Node specifically designed for NRT. Choose a file, put the position and it returns the data for that position without having to play the file.
Version 0.5.2 (released 25/12/2008):
- BeatScanner Node: Fully Spreadable, Threaded (so it searches in background and doesn't block vvvv during the scan) beat scanner node for a File. One thread per scan, outputs beats as it finds it. Takes around 20 seconds for a 5 minutes file.
- VST DSP Node: DSP for any VST Effect.
Version 0.5 (released 07/11/2008):
- Winamp DSP node: Use any winamp DSP to process your stream :)
- Wav Encoder node: Encode stream in wav format.
- OGG Encoder node: Encode your stream output to ogg format.
- WMA Encoder node: Encode your stream output to wma format.
- Icecast: Broadcast your stream output to an IceCast server (Ogg format only for the moment).
- All Pass Filter DSP
- Low Pass Filter DSP
- Reverb DSP
- Compressor DSP
- Echo DSP
- Distorsion DSP
- AutoWah DSP
- Chorus DSP
- AudioIn (BassAsio) now has individual access to channels.
- RMS (Bass) now outputs normalized (0..1) data instead of decibels.
Version 0.4 (released 02/09/2008).
- AudioOut (Bass): Standard WDM output
- WaveForm (Bass GUI): Graphical node to show a file waveform, display markers...
- DynamicStream (Bass): Feed whatever data you want to it :)
- BeatDetector (Bass): Bangs when it detects a beat on your stream.
- There's also two dsp nodes (Flanger and Echo), but they are just for testing purposes, next version will be much improved on that :)
- FileStream (Bass) and FileStream (BassAsio) merged:
Check below note to see how to work it on wdm or bass environment.
Added Start/End position Pins.
Loop/Mono and File change refresh fixed.
Added End Of File bang output
Now works with Bass and Bass Asio (check note below as well).
Added an Input Count config pin to control how many streams you want to handle.
No more spreadable.
SetLevelMatrixNode is removed, and now integrated with mixer (One pin per input).
Added a play pin, So you can play all files at once or stop all at once, (independent of the Filestream play pin,
so youcan still play/pause files independently).
- AudioOut (BassAsio) and AudioOut (Bass) now works much better, and you can feed any stream to those outputs.
- FFT (Bass), ChannelData (Bass): Detects if stream connected to a mixer to avoid buffering (recommended).
- Extensive list of samples for every node :)
- Two DSP effects (Echo and Flanger) for testing. More to come and improved in a next version.
All Stream nodes (Mixer,Filestream,DynamicStream) now have a "IsDecoding" config pin.
IsDecoding must be set to 1 to feed the handle to AudioOut (BassAsio) and a Mixer, and set to 0 to feed AudioOut(Bass).
See samples for more explanations.