- All About Circuits an extremely active electrical engineering online community that provides both interesting content and useful resources for Electrical Engineers.
- InstantSoup from IVREA introduces electronic prototyping in a playful, non-technical way. It was developed following the experience gained in teaching physical interaction design at Interaction-Ivrea.
- Rohm Fundamentals A collection of resources from Rohm detailing the history and fundamentals of basic electronic components.
- Maker Pro is an active, open source platform for maker projects much like Hack A Day. These projects are centered around Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Edison, home automation and more.
- arcadecontrols.com large fan page with hints on how to connect diverse arcade controllers to a PC
- Physical Computing A collection of resources, examples, and lecture notes for the physical computing courses at ITP, English
- Elliot Audio Pages Mostly audio, but very good introduction to analog components and circuitery
- ePanorama.net (was Tomi Engdahl's Electronics Pages), English
- ChipDir contains Numerically and functionally ordered chip lists, chip pinouts and lists of manufacturers, English
- Discover Circuits a resource for engineers, hobbyists, inventors & consultants, is a collection of 8000+ electronic circuits or schematics cross-referenced into 500+ categories. Complied by David A. Johnson, P.E.
- Encoder, The Newsletter of the Seattle Robotics Society
- Electronic Construction from A-Z
- Das Elko Elektronik Kompendium
- the Electronic Compendium The home of Electronic Engineering and Embedded System Programming
- ArtBots the robot talent show
- Engineering White Papers on Cable Anatomy Excellent clear written tutorials on audio cables, laying good groundwork for other cabling projects]
- Parallel Port Central
- Interfacing the standart parallel port
- How to build a cheap relais card (german)
- Low tech sensors and actuators for artists and architects
- Electronic Products Magazine Electrical, design engineers & hi-tech lovers! Electronic Products features the ultimate in electronic information hot tips, trends, gizmos & gadgets.
- EE Power A digital publication focused on the power electronics industry.
- Electronics Point an extremely active electrical engineering online community that provides useful resources for Electrical Engineers.
- PEI-Genesis General Connector Distributor is a global leader in the design and assembly of custom engineered connectors and cable solutions for harsh environments.
Hardware Suppliers: Microcontrollers, Interfaces and sensor/actuator kits.
In recent years, the market for such devices has opened up very much to an amateur audience, with very user-friendly kits to make physical devices that include digital control. And VVVV is an ideal software toolkit to couble them with high-performance PC applications. Here are a few links.
- Phidgets a modular microcontroller-sensor-actuator system, competitive pricing, large range of modules (even a nifty mini joystick), but closed source.
- Convenient starter kits for the Prototyping Interfaces book.
- Sparkfun Inventor's Kit.
- Arduino possibly the cheapest microcontroller with a usb port on the market. Open Source, with a friendly community. Read more about vvvv and Arduino.
- C-Control by Conrad, rather old project, but keeps developing.
- MakingThings develop the Teleo Board and the new, rather powerful MAKE controller.
- Parallax maker of the basic stamp, one of the first microcontroller kits geared at beginners.
- Interface Z is selling midi I/O cards, sensors, and giving on its site a full documentation on how do yourself a lot of things ( sensor carpet, etc...)
- Prototyping Interfaces book
- Arduino Cookbook, Michael Margolis, ISBN 1449313876, English
- Making Things Talk, Tom Igoe, ISBN 1449392431, English
- Programming Interactivity, Joshua Noble, ISBN 144931144X, English
- Physical Computing by Dan O'Sullivan, Tom Igoe, ISBN 159200346X, English
- Practical Electronics for Inventors, Paul Scherz, ISBN 0070580782, English
- Bauelemente (Elektronik, Bd.2), Klaus Beuth, ISBN 3802319575, German
- Digitaltechnik (Elektronik, Bd.4) Klaus Beuth, Olaf Beuth, ISBN 3802317556, German