plugin hap video gpu Playback
Credits: m-box, vux, tonfilm, eno, kbln
- Hardware accelerated (Nvidia/ATI/Intel graphics cards)
- Hap formats: Hap, Hap Q, Hap Alpha, Hap Q Alpha
- Containers: mov (preferred), avi
- No external codecs installation needed
- DirectX 11 video texture output
- Plays videos with alpha transparency
- Fully spreadable and dynamic
- 4k@120fps, 8k@60fps, 10k@30fps (limit is only your PC capabilities)
- 64-bit and 32-bit
Free for non-commercial
License needed for commercial use. Get it on the store#VVVV.Store
- vvvv >= 45beta34.2
- dx11 pack >= 1.0.0
- VAudio pack for audio output (optional)
Unzip and copy "packs" folder to your vvvv root folder
How to encode videos
To play videos you would need to re-encode them to Hap first
Encoding tips (pdf) Additional
Encoder patch (ffmpeg binary included)
- Q: How to achieve the maximum performance out of the player?
- A: Try encoding without 2nd stage compression. You can save CPU time with that, at the cost of higher data-rate (it also depends on the content) -- your SSD should be fast! Add "-compressor none" to the FFmpeg arguments. I've managed to play 10k@50fps with this approach on my laptop.
- Q: I want to drive the playback with the frame index/LFO/external clock/sync playback on several machines
- A: There is such plugin version, but it's non-public. Write me an e-mail if you're interested!
- Q: What about reverse playback
- A: You would need an external clock plugin version for that (see the previous question)
- Q: I've exported the video from After Effects with audio track. It isn't being played nicely by hap player
- A: The audio from AE is heavy. Please re-encode with FFmpeg using the "-vcodec copy" option (will only process the audio stream, leaving video frames as is). It will be played fine then.
- Q: I have a Windows 7 machine, and all the hap player nodes are red.
- A: You're in a bad situation. Try 64-bit plugin version, or upgrade to a newer Windows version (8.1 is enough)
- Experimental support of non-multiple of 2 video resolutions
- Accurate computation of the current frame index
- The image queue size was increased to 10 frames/100Mb, which gives slightly better performance in some cases
- Don't seek to the start when the playback is finished
- Loop pin of HapAudioClock now accepts a boolean (on/off)
- Fix Opened/Playing outputs of HapState: don't reset to false when opening a single video from the input Path spread
- HapReaderNode: make number of ouput slices equal to maximum slicecount of (Path, Open) input spreads
- You can open one video multiple times, or open a video using arbitrary Open slice, without opening all the slices prior to it in the Open spread
- Now works with vvvv 45beta34.2