Credits: THISPLAY, schlonzo
Experimental release. Requires DX11 Pack, tested with DX11.Particles.
Due to licensing restricitons the primesense nite2 skeleton detection library is not allowed to work with astra devices, so there will be no legal skeleton node for this device.
1) Extract the contribution's openni folder into the dx11 pack plugin folder (...\packs\dx11\nodes\plugins)
2) Download the Orbbec Astra driver https://orbbec3d.com/develop/)
3) Install Orbbec sensor driver (tested with v220.127.116.11)
4) Extract the OpenNI-Windows-x64-2.3 folder into your Orbbec driver installation dir
5) Copy the OpenNI2.dll from within the OpenNI-Windows-x64-2.3\Redist folder to ...\packs\dx11\nodes\plugins\openni
6) Edit the OpenNI.ini within the contribution's openni folder and change the Repository path to .../YourOrbecDriverInstallationFolder/OpenNI-Windows-x64-2.3/Redist/OpenNI2/Drivers. Don't forget to use slashes instead of blackslashes)
free for private use, for commercial license please contact email@example.com
looking forward to try those camera , thank you ¡¡
the RGB node doesn't work for me. it just get red. somebody else have this issue?
If the RGB node is not working, than you have the "Orbbec Astra Pro".
This Camera Model don't get the RGB Stream over OPENNI2.
there seems to be a new info regarding the problem with the rgb node:
I updated the dx11.particles pack. It now has a wrapper and an emitter node for the orbbec astra. See latest version on github.
seems like the plugin doesn't work with the actual dx11-pack. can someone confirm this?
against which dx11-version was this plugin compiled?
2021 and this is still a handy and nice Plugin for working with Astra and DX11.Particle but is the Texture spreadable? - I connect 2 Orbbecs and get 2Spreads of the Value Pins from the Nodes but only one Texture. - Do you have a solution? Is there an easy workaround? Or is this all outdated and there are other solutions?
anonymous user login