Credits: Vadim Smakhtin (alg), unc - IntersectGeometry. Developed during the project in DotDotDot studio.
PatternTouch - multi touch framework for vvvv, based on common user interaction patterns.
- Translate, Scale, Rotate gestures (all via center).
- Alpha channel support.
- GPU based intersection analysis, especially useful for complex meshes.
- Display List support via Group node.
- Created with vvvv in mind.
In next releases:
- Pan and Zoom gestures.
- Transformation limits with iOS like behavior.
- Multidirectional swipe gesture.
- Photo Gallery module.
- No sorting support. All transformations always sorted by ID.
- No complex transformation hierarchies. For example, if you have a touchable element in container and want to scale this container, you need to touch container only in empty places. Upper object always receive all blobs.
- VPA (PatternTouch Split) outputs zero AspectRation matrix if no input connected.
Sources - https://github.com/smakhtin/PatternTouch
Very nice man ,
works really smooth and doesn't look complicated too.
there are simplest and cleanest picture multitouch stack modules ever. thanks man
first of all thanks for sharing your work!
I tried your PatternTouchDebug patch and I found a strange behavior. When I scale or rotate 2 objects at the same time (e.g. using a multitouch with 4 hands), sometimes the transformations work only on 1 object. In this case the ID number on the bug object is -1. I tested the patch with a IR multitouch frame.
@alg: sorry if I stress you, but also the IntersectGeometry help patch doesn't work as expected.
Hmm, never saw such behavior. This bug can be possible, because i tested this lib on dual-touch frame, so transformed only one object at once. Maybe this is the bug inside intersect geometry module.
@alg: code is not my friend. I can't understand what's going on inside IntersectGeometry.fx. I wait for your solution... :)
@Alec ok, i fixed it, will publish new release soon. Help patch also was fixed, thank you again for bug report.
@alg: great! Can't wait! I need your new release to continue my tests... thanks!
Uploaded fixed version