Playstation Buzz controller (20-button gamecontroller)

Hi!

I’m trying to use ps2 buzz controllers with vvvv. Windows recognizes them as a 20-button usb gamecontroller and the “GameController (Devices JoyWarrior)” node works fine. The only problem is only 8 buttons can be used.
Is there a way to use 20 buttons?
Thanks in advance!

maybe this helps
https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/6532

Thanks a lot - now all 20 buttons “do something” in vvvv. But as some controllers share the same “bit groups” (don’t know the correct term), the values add up when pressed simultaneously. For example pressing one button makes the third bit-group go “32”, another button makes it go “1” - pressing both buttons at the same results in “33”. As the buzz controller consists of 4 individual controllers (for 4 players) connected to one usb plug, it is quite likely that two buttons are pressed at the same time. In that case an identification of the buttons wouldn’t be possible (at least not for me ;-)).

I don’t know if i made it clear - in short, i can’t manage to identify the buttons correctly when some of them are pressed at the same time. It wouldn’t be too bad, I think, but if there was a way to solve this problem, it would be really cool!

Something like this?

multibutton.v4p (16.2 kB)

Hi!

Now I’ve got it - not very elegant and I’m sure it’s not the direct way I took, but it works (patch added below). I’ve used a “bit”-node to seperate the individual button values.

Thanks again u7angel!

buzzcontrollers.v4p (11.4 kB)

@ft:

Thanks - that looks much more elegant ;-)

Bit-node is much easier :), and it is spreadable, so you don’t need tons of bit-nodes… Spread the ‘Bit’ input pin.

Okay, now I’ve got it - thanks.
Here’s the finished patch (for all quiz maniacs ;-)).

buzzcontrollers2.v4p (7.6 kB)