Eyesweb and vvvv interaction
Eyesweb is a software developped by infomus. It is also a node based software, but it more used for data analysis, specially motion tracking.
Eyesweb display capabilities are very limited, so making it interact with our favorite vvvv gives us the best of both worlds :).
Motion processing nodes
Eyesweb has a lot of Motion analysis nodes, here are some of the most interesting:
- Background substration : Extracts shape, the basis of any analysis.
- SMI : Calculates the quantity of motion compared to the last image (output as number and image)
- ExtractMultColors: Same node as freeframe ColorTracker, tracks for specific colors
- ExtractRegions: Similar as the Contour node, blob tracking.
- Baricenter: Calculates the barycenter of an image.
- CentroidsCalc: Extract a person features (head, hands,feet, knees...) from a shape.
- CalculateHistogram: Calculates an image histogram (returns the percentage of each color level).
- Contraction,Directness and Stability index: Computes cues from a Centroids extraction.
To be able to use the data received from Eyesweb in vvvv, we need to have both programs to be able to communicate.
This is the list of nodes to allow this.
- OSC : Sends data using OSC protocol (UDP). Easy to use but data types are limited to number and string (so requires lot of patching to send list for example).
- Midi: sends data as midi (Midi yoke is your friend there :).
- SentToNetwork: Sends data using eyesweb custom protocol (Check the plugin page to have vvvv receiver nodes). Any datatype can be sent, but the server (vvvv here) needs to be started before the eyesweb patch (as it uses tcp).
To use sendtonetwork nodes, you can use go here to download Eyesweb server nodes: Eyesweb plugin.