Italian | Spanish
In contrast to a Help Patch, the Node Reference Page on the Wiki should contain reference material and discussions. Node Reference and Help Patch are complementary, they are not supposed to replace each other.
A good node reference page should contain
- links to external web pages describing the workings and the context of the node (eg. wikipedia, microsofts directx reference etc)
- reference material on the node´s internal workings like source code fragments, diagrams and tables
- a FAQ section
- known bugs and workarounds
- links to supplementary modules and related nodes
- changes to the semantics of the node in various releases
- a backlink section which lists all places in the wiki and in the forum, where the node is mentioned in context.