Italian | Spanish
A HelpPatch demonstrates the functionality of a node. Ideally a novice should quickly get an idea of what the node is about and an expert should get detailed information on its usage.
- create a helppatch for a node by selecting it and pressing F1. if the node does not have a helppatch yet, a dummy patch with already the right name will open. simply press CTRL+S to save the patch to disk and then start modifying it.
- first find the most simple usage scenario of a node which will give the novice a quick overview
- now explain the node a second time with a more advanced usage scenario and put that graph right next to the simple scenario
- find further scenarios if applicable and place them right next to the existing
- create IOBoxes for input pins that you set to values other than their default
- don't label them (as if they were inputs) but write a comment next to them and explain their usage
- in all your texts/comments please stick to the naming conventions.
- create a see also section where you place related nodes that the user is supposed to also checkout.
- add links to online information (wikipedia,..) regarding the functionality of the node
If you want your helppatch included with the next release please add them to this forum thread: missing-helppatches