What does "an Strahlen" mean?
- Rough translation: Close to rays (of light).
- The Kick-off event curated by Tommy/Flo will be Monday, 11th Feb 18:00 - 19:00. During NODE, there will be at least two more screenings anyone can take part in, each 18:00 - 19:00 in front of the Frankfurter Kunstverein. The Dates/participants will be published here and on the NODE website.
Are there restricitons in terms of media?
- No. Animations, Narratives, Generative... live patches or pre-recorded footage, all welcome.
I heard rumours about the movies/patches are groing to be on display somewhere in Frankfurt after the NODE festival?
I want to use my own laptop
I want to bring the movie file on a USB-Stick, which Codec...
- Everything a vanilla install of VLC can play is fine.
Do i have to bring/build my own screen?
- We´ll have a more "traditional" screen (rectangle) ready, but you will have to hold it.
What kind of screen...?
- A car. A Stick. A pillow. A dedocahedron. A group of people dressed in white. ....
- Yeah. Short and sweet. Setup doesn´t count.
Will there be speakers?
Can i just show up and present something?
- Please let us know beforehand, we need to plan a schedule.
What Materials will be available?
- We´ll update this list soon.
Do you have a big workshop where i can build my awesome screen?
- No. There are hacking spaces at NODE, though.
Can i prepare/test/etc my projection beforehand?
- You can test the playback of your patch/movie on our laptop for tech issues, and we can arrange a test run before the screening, but the test run will take place in front of the Kunstverein (so there will be people watching).
Please feel free to add your questions!