Cyclic Cellular Automata were first developed by David Griffeath at the University of Wisconson.
1. Take a 2D grid of cells.
2. Select a maximum number of states each cell can have.
3. Select a threshold value.
4. Fill the cells with random state values between 0 and (maximum states-1).
5. At each step of the simulation every cell follows these rules;
a) Count how many neighbouring cells (Moore or Von Neumann neighborhoods) surrond the cell with a value of the current cell’s state + 1
b) If the count is greater or equal to the threshold value then the cell state is incremented by 1
6. Repeat this process as long as you want to.
NOTE: "ProvaColori.tfx" is needen just to have same color as in example
NOTE: some configurations ("Fuzz (Jason Rampe)=4/4/7/N",Diamond Spirals (Jason Rampe)=1/1/15/N) not works, no idea why. The image in the preview is : 1/1/17/M
thanks to tonfilm for some useful hint!
anonymous user login