Who Patrick Jost (elektromeier) Alex Miao (liquid, rexgo interactive)
When Sun, Feb 19th 2012 - 10:30 until Sun, Feb 19th 2012 - 18:00
Where Xin Che Jian http://xinchejian.com, Anhua Road No.76 suite 301 (near Jiangsu Road), Changning District, Shanghai, CHINA 200050 , China
The second part of the workshop focusing on doing things in 3D space and explains some basics for that we had no time in the first part:
basics & a bit more:
- Subpatches: Organise your patches in subpatches. modularity, reuse your patches later.
- More spreadoperations: select, getslice, setslice, spectralnodes & binsizes etc.
- Multiple renderers and transform them to create large multiscreen projections. (example: projections on large buildings)
- Using the output of the renderer as a texture. Create an animationpatch convert it to a texture and use cool PostFX filters on it.
- Nodes for creating and manipulating textures.
- Filternodes, smoothly filter between changing values for creating nice and smooth animations.
- Terminolgy (Mesh, Vertices, Texturecoords, UV Mapping, Indices, Normals etc).
- Using cameratransformations (perspective, position, orientation) on the renderer and animating the camera.
- Transformations in 3D Space
- About shaders and how to use them
- Mesh Import from 3d software (.Xfile, Collada)
- Having Fun with spreading in 3d Space
- A simple 3d mapping example on one or more cubes.
If theres time&energy left:
- Using Kinect to create interactive graphics
- Connecting vvvv to an iphone or android phone to control patches via OSC
- Connecting arduino to vvvv to use sensors, control Motors etc...