When Thu, Aug 3rd 2017 - 17:00 until Sat, Aug 5th 2017 - 21:00
Where GlogaguAIR , Glogauer Str. 16. 10999 , Berlin, Germany
- This workshop is focused on the development of parametric-generative design tools inspired by architecture and product design techniques and how to fabricate three dimensional modular pieces.
- It is suitable for anyone interested in geometric patterns, packaging, architecture, product design, scenography, 3D mapping.
Software we use:
- VVVV is windows only.
- Mac Possible with bootcamp,
best practices when using bootcamp
- Some vvvv skills are welcome, but it would be possible to get results without any programming knowledge.
- Vector graphics software capable to load svg files. (Preferable Adobe Illustrator)
Day 1 and 2:
- Introduction to “Parametric design with cardboard, concepts & inspiration”
- Parametric Library overview.
- Introducing the datatypes: polyline, polygon, surface, box.
- Object modelling using diverse techniques:
- Creating object arrays,
- Surface modelling based on B-Splines,
- 2D Patterns,
- Surface Panelization,
- Polygon Extrusion,
- Surface & Polygon Triangulation...
- OBJ export, to be used on other software.
- 3D objects unfold.
- SVG blueprints export, cutting sheets preparation.
- Cardboard models cutting and mounting.
195 € (regular price) / 170 € (if registered also in the Vjing and Mapping techniques workshop)
- Number of participants: 4 - 12
- Public performance date: August 11th at 20:00 (together with the Vjing and Mapping techniques workshop)
Contact us at:
About the tutor:
Arístides García is a computer artist and generative-interactive designer based in Berlin.
- Organized by Aristides García, Kalma and GlogaguAIR